The Nedbank IMC 2020 conference was originally due to take place on 19 March but was postponed. Now in a first of its kind virtual marketing conference in South Africa, the event is scheduled to go virtual on 24 July 2020.
Dale Hefer, IMC CEO said, ‘Thought leadership is needed now more than ever. Business is looking to marketing to guide the way and never has marketing had a better opportunity to prove its worth at the boardroom table.’
The updated conference theme is ‘Marketing works. More than ever. Work it’ and will be screened live from a virtual studio. International keynote speaker, Fernando Machado, the Global CMO of Burger King, will be joining from Miami. Patrick Collister, author, speaker and advertising guru, will be joining from London. ‘This is no death by conference call. Our virtual studio is fantastic, and we really want our delegates to feel as though they are right there with us,’ said Hefer.
‘The good news is that there is now lots of room for more people to join us online,’ said Hefer. ‘Our Ted Talk format with 18 top thought leaders presenting in one day remains in place,’ she said.
The Nedbank IMC will be donating the interest of paid-up delegates from the original date of the conference (19 March) to the new date (24 July) to the Solidarity Fund.
- The agenda will remain the same, although the start has moved later to 9am. Please note that the agenda may be subject to change.
- It is recommended that you have access to WiFi of 20 megs per second or more.
- The conference will flight on any smart device.
- CPD (continuous development) points for MASA members will apply as before.
- The presentations will remain online (for registered delegates only) for at least one month after the conference for easy access.
- The winners of the Nedbank IMC 2020 bursaries will be announced.
- There will be prizes, including cash and IMM online short courses