According to InsideData, if you were considering removing email as a touchpoint in your communication journey, think again. Email marketing not only enables you to stay connected with your customers, but also influence their sale decisions.
According to Hubspot’s latest statistics, email generates an astounding 3800% ROI, making it one of the most effective options available.
More evidence of the effectiveness of email as a communication and marketing tool is revealed in the statistics gathered from various sources:
– The second most common technology B2B organisations use to assist with content marketing is email marketing software. 85% of marketers say they work with these tools (Content Marketing Institute, 2020).
– 87% of B2B marketers say email is one of their top free organic distribution channels (Content Marketing Institute, 2020).
– 90% of content marketers say email engagement is the top metric they track to measure content performance (Content Marketing Institute, 2020).
– 59% of marketers say email has the best ROI (WebFX 2020).
– 61% of shoppers and consumers enjoy receiving weekly promotional emails, and 28% wish they received them more frequently (WebFX 2020).
– Its 40 times more likely for an email to acquire more customers than Facebook or Twitter (WebFX 2020).
– 80% of business professionals believe that email marketing increases customer retention (Emarsys, 2018).
– 59% of respondents say marketing emails influence their purchase decisions (SaleCycle, 2018).
– You can increase click rates by 300% if you add a video to an email. (WebFX 2020).
– Email open rates can vary by industry, with an average open rate of 17.92% across all sectors studied (WebFX 2020).
– The average email open rate for all industries we analysed is 21.33%. Open rates are one of the best ways to tell whether your email strategy is working (MailChimp 2020).
The statistics above overwhelmingly prove that email communication delivers results and influences buying decisions in the retail industry. Email’s success rate increases with personalisation, video, a striking subject line and adding call-to-action buttons.
According to WebFX, approximately 72% of people prefer to receive promotional offers through email. You can use email marketing to develop relations with current customers, or to reach out to potential customers.
Email marketing allows businesses to keep their customers informed and to customise their marketing messages accordingly. This extremely versatile communication channel is also one of the most cost-effective and conversion-rich forms of digital marketing today. It is potent, persuasive and brings results, from retail and e-commerce to B2B.
+27 11 611 5000